Thursday, June 5, 2008

Blanket is done


blanket for baby
Originally uploaded by sarahewk
I finished knitting the blanket for the lion cub today. It feels so good to finish it and I love how it turned out.

In other news, Tuesday's appointment was good. His fluid was up supposedly (from 6.5 or so to 9) but I'm not sure I believe it. He did just okay on his NST -- he didn't want to stay on the monitors but what we did see was good. My bp was good and I still have no other signs of pre-e . Yay!

I'll be 35 week tomorrow and have my next appointment at the big university hospital tomorrow. Another AFI and NST as well as dopplers of his umbilical cord. I hope he does well. I have to stop by my office and pick up some forms to enroll the baby in our health plan.

Other than the blanket, this week was mildly productive. I got my disability started, found a back-up doula and a pediatrician.

Not much else new. Just hoping to hang out for another 2.5 weeks or so before we meet our little one.

2 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Thanks for coming over to comment on my blog today. What you said really hit home to me: "I got to the point where I had to prepare and believe and love even if things later went to hell. I needed to know that I had done my best to love and prepare for my child in whatever time I was given." Those words are so very powerful.

I'll be thinking of you in these last few weeks leading up to the delivery of your little lion cub! :)

Ruth said...

The blanket is awesome. I love it the colors. I can only imagine how excited to be to think that in only a matter of weeks you can wrap your little lion cub in it.

I wanted to say thank you also for writing to my mother SeaStar. I know it means a lot to her.