Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Beta numbers are falling

The appointment was not good. The weekend beta numbers were on a downward trend, 78 at last check. My doc was sweet and supportive. When she said she was sorry, I actually said, "It's okay." There isn't anything okay about it. It sucks. I didn't need to be taught another lesson in the "Life is NOT fair" school of hard knocks. I got the message the first 50 times.

Anyway, I'm staying home the rest of the week and hoping that it resolves itself before Monday. The other options sounded truly awful (suction without sedation or a d&c with concious sedation). I'd rather avoid them, even though she said they could test the tissue (what tissue?) if I did either of the surgical options. Both sounded way too painful.

So back to the drawing board. Pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off. And pray really really hard that it doesn't take us as long to get pregnant again as it did the first two times (15 cycles the first time, and then 25 more the second).

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sarah I am so, so sorry. It does suck, immensely. I wish there were something I could say to make it even one iota better, but know that there isn't.

Sending lots of hugs your way - I will be thinking of you....

BigP's Heather said...

I'm sorry.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am so so sorry, sweetie.

megan said...

oh no. i'm so, so sorry.
sending many hugs to you.

Kristen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope peace finds you soon. XOXO

Rian said...

I'm so sorry, life really isn't fair.

Dr. Grumbles said...

I am very sorry.

Shelby said...

I'm so, so sorry. This sucks! Sending hugs your way.

Anonymous said...

I am so so so sorry. Take care of yourself

Alyssa said...

I am so, so sorry, Sarah.

Bea said...

I'm sorry.

Bea

Sunny said...

I am so sorry. HUGS!

Natalie said...

Ugh, I'm really sorry this is happening to you, let alone again.